Monday, February 26, 2007

Hell or Duvel!




We thought it would be best to review our newest beer here at Three Cheers for Beers. We're reviewing Duvel beer this week, and we admit, we were a little biased from the getgo (get-go? we don't know). You'll soon come to see that Belgians know how to make beer that please the tasters here at TC4Bs: flavorful, fun, and fruity. But we digress: the beer at hand is Duvel, and though we were impressed by their hip, chic, and jazzy-infused website, what we were really impressed by was its golden and light color which beguiled its deep and intense (we won't lie, it said it on the label) flavor. A little flowery, the aroma hints little of the beers we're used to. The head is incredible--the best we've ever seen--with a creamy, pure-white color floating at least an inch-plus above the very tippy-top of the rim of the substitute tulip glass we used to sample it. The perfect pour was easy for anyone who's poured any amount of Chimay (of any variety), and at a for-real rating of 8.5% alc/vol, even we had enough after two. Don't be fooled by the small (yet indie-approved!) bottle and the tad pricey (yet Belgian typical) tag--Duvel would be hell to miss.

2 comments:

Robert C. said...

I'm intrigued by Duvel. Is this a good beer for spring/summer? I normally think of belgians as winter beers, but I'm really stupid.

I'm thirsty for info about its bitterness & hops. Eh? Get it?

#2. I'm attempting to procure some Pyramid Curve Ball (my favorite beer), but I might need to buy a case. Are you interested in a six-pack?

#3. I think I'm going to need to have a Wii in my abode.

shorttallnotatall said...

I am interested in a six-pack, but i can procure some for you if you come to a wee little liquor store by my haus. my beer haus. haus! haus! It's slightly bitter, the Duvel, and not too hoppy at all. It is a nice beer for spring, but it's like chimay--filling and a slow-drinker.